Valloire Galibier : A village resort on a mythical col
The ski resort of Valloire
The slopes of Valloire Galibier-Thabor are open from December to April. It has many artificial snow cannons which guarantee good conditions for skiing from beginning to end of season. The Verneys ski lift next to Gilbert Sports is free to start without breaking the bank.
- 150 km of slopes divided into 89 tracks of all levels.
- 1170 m drop between 1430 to 2600m
- 30 lifts including 2 gondolas, 17 chair lifts, 11 ski lifts
Valloire is a village resort located on the road from the famous Col du Galibier. The village is not built from scratch as some stations nearby. It is a thoroughfare for centuries. Tourism is now the main business. It now sees many cyclists go in summer to attack the mythical Col du Tour de France. And in winter, skiers hurtle down the slopes there in the footsteps of world champion slalom JB Grange.
Useful addresses and tips from Gilbert Sports
- Office de tourisme de Valloire
- ESF de Valloire
- Valloire réservation “Hosts + activities”
- Valloire Direct “Hosts + activities”
- Pisteurs secouristes Nivo5